- Which is better Sony Alpha A68 vs Nikon D5500?
- Nikon D5500
- Sony Alpha A68
- Comparison Table: Sony Alpha A68 vs Nikon D5500
Which is better Sony Alpha A68 vs Nikon D5500?
Get perfect portraits incredibly fast with the two hottest cameras
Do you want to capture the best candid moments, or is the photogenic inside you eager to capture the ideal clicks?
What do you think of a new DSLR camera?
Sony Alpha A68 and Nikon D5500 are the two hot gossip for beginners. Many users are in dilemma of which one to choose.
This review will compare the most wanted comparison of the year- Sony Alpha A68 vs Nikon D5500. Launched in 2015, these two digital cameras are in demand.
Let’s check out the comparison and know which one suits you the best.
It’s time to bring the photographer out of you with a Nikon D5500.
The Nikon D5500 features 24.2 effective megapixels, an EXPEED 4 image-processing engine, and an ISO range of 100-25600 that captures beautiful and vibrant imagery, Full HD videos, and time-lapse movies even in low light lookouts.
You can click amazingly sharp and tonally rich images and videos with D5600’s DX-format CMOS image sensor.
The Nikon D5500 will not disappoint you with candid expressions, as the high-speed continuous shooting rate of approximately 5 frames per second makes sure to capture every vivid emotion of yours.
Besides that, the 39-point autofocus (AF) system covers a wide area of the frame to keep track of your subjects with remarkable precision.
The shoot and share, remote control with a smartphone, Free cloud storage, and familiar touch control set up the next photography bar.
Never miss a moment with the Nikon D5500.
- Ideal for portrait photography with its vibrant color depth
- A better landscape capturer with a wide dynamic range
- It performs amazingly in every shooting range with an excellent sensor
- Capture moving objects with the autofocus of the camera
- Manage framing even in hard conditions with a fully articulated display
- Enjoy immediate image sharing with a wireless connection
- It cannot be used in adverse conditions
Flourish a high performance with Sony alpha A68
The Sony Alpha A68 is equipped with BIONZ X Image Processing Engine that accurately captures textures, reduces blurry details, and even suppresses visual noise in specific areas to ensure sharp images.
The 24.2 MP APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor boosts sensitivity and reduces noise with a gapless on-chip lens design eliminating the gaps between micro-lenses and capturing more light.
You will never miss a moment with a 4D focus and 79- point phase-detection AF system that enables superior autofocus performance in four dimensions and keeps track of all the moving objects.
It supports 50 Mbps XAVC S Format is best for incredibly high image quality and minimal noise, enabling a Full HD image recording.
Furthermore, the Face Detection and Eye AF adjust exposure, white balance, flash, and other settings for beautiful portraits and assure sharp focus on the face.
Overall, the tiltable LCS Screen, control wheel, and customizable function buttons make it easy to use and a comfortable camera.
- Perfect for portrait photography with extraordinary color depth
- Ideal for landscape photography with a wide dynamic range
- The autofocus helps in capturing moving objects
- Click best shots in low-light conditions with an integrated stabilizer
- The microphone input is helpful in precise shooting
- Fast shutter speed, perfect for capturing moments
- Convenient LCD and touch control while shooting
- It cannot be used in adverse weather conditions
- Do not support wireless connection
Comparison Table: Sony Alpha A68 vs Nikon D5500
|Features||Sony Alpha A68||Nikon D5500|
|Dimensions||8.3 x 14.3 x 10.4 cm||7 x 12.4 x 9.7 cm|
|Sensor||24 MP-APS-C sensors||24 MP-APS-C sensors|
|Viewfinder||Optical Viewfinder||Electronic viewfinder (1440k dots)|
|Shutter||5 shutter flaps per second||8 shutter flaps per second|
|Lens||Sony A mount lenses||Nikon F mount lenses|
|LCD||2.7 inches||3.2 inches|
|Auto focus points||79||39|
|Shots||549 shots per battery||820 shots per battery|
Comparison: Sony Alpha A68 vs Nikon D5500
Physical comparison: Size and Weight
Size and weight matter a lot when it comes to digital cameras. And there’s a solid reason behind it. If the camera is heavy and large-sized, then it’s tough to hold it and capture the best click for the longest time.
The Sony Alpha A68 has external dimensions of 8.3 x 14.3 x 10.4 cm and weighs 675gm (including batteries).
Whereas Nikon D5500 has external dimensions of 7 x 12.4 x 9.7 cm and weighs 465 gm (including batteries.
LCD Screen size
The Screen size of the Nikon D5500 is 3.2 inches slightly more than the 2.7 inches screen size of the Sony Alpha A68.
Number of lenses
The number of lenses in a camera becomes a significant factor when choosing a digital camera. The Nikon D5500 has a win with its 316 lenses, whereas Sony Alpha A68 has 143 lenses.
Sony Alpha A68 is quite a hero when it comes to image stabilization. It is equipped with sensor-based image stabilization IS) which means, all the lenses mounted to the body are stabilized, whereas Nikon D5500 lacks the image stabilization feature.
You need to buy a lens with image stabilization separately.
Photography forte of Nikon D5500 vs Sony Alpha A68
- Nikon D5500 is best for portrait photography but lacks image stabilization.
- Ideal for street photography
- Suitable for sports photography but lacks environmental sealings
- It can be used for daily photography
- It is ideal for landscape photography
Sony Alpha A68
- Sony Alpha A68 is best for portrait photography
- Ideal for street photography but lacks environmental sealings
- It can be used for daily photography
- Enjoy sports photography with 510 shots
- Ideal for landscape photography
Nikon D5500 has a touchscreen panel and articulated LCD that can be turned to be front-facing. At the same time, Sony Alpha A68 has a conventional panel.
The Sony Alpha A68 has wireless/Wi-Fi connectivity for data transfer and sharing, whereas Nikon A68 lacks wireless connectivity.
Conclusion: Which one is better Sony Alpha A68 vs Nikon D5500?
Until now, you would have decided which camera suits you ideally and which one to buy among Sony Alpha A68 vs Nikon D5500.
In the article, we have tried to compare Sony Alpha A68 vs Nikon D5500 the best.
Based on features, price, and quality, Nikon D5500 is the best option for beginners in photography.
If you are a Sony fan, you can go for Sony Alpha A68 to make your photographic journey the best and most attractive.
We would love to know, has our article been helpful for you?
You can pin us in the comment box, and we are looking forward to it.